An Illustrated Novel
When demons burn her life to the ground, a waitress squeezes into a stranger’s stolen rental van and embarks on a journey of evil-fighting and bad road coffee. As Maggie’s past recedes in the rearview, questions arise:
• What happens when a vampire decides to stop drinking blood?
• How long should one irradiate a snack pie in a gas station microwave?
• Are all demons this brittle?
• Is there a Dunk-A-Donut near here?
Vigilantes, bureaucracy, and pure evil conspire against our heroes, pursuing them across the Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways (authorized by the Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956), through a mall parking lot, and all the way down to the bottom of a bottomless pit in the lower intestines of Hell. Will Maggie find her way back home again? Does she even want to?
“A rollicking, careening adventure… Pappalardo has created a world, and a book, unlike any other.” – FOREWORD REVIEWS
“An engaging, gonzo novel with a large dose of silliness… If you expect a serious adventure, you’re reading the wrong book.”
— BLEEDING COOL
* This Goodreads giveaway ends December 18th!
* Visit broken-lines.com for an image gallery, reviews, etc.
* Read a totally awesome 30-page PDF preview of the book. (5MB)
* Reviews! You can also read older BL reviews if you’d like.
* Metadata ‘n’ deets (show)
226 pages | 50 illustrations
Fiction — Humor — Speculative Fiction — Magical Realism — Slipstream — Adventure